Monday, February 20, 2017

Clinique's Take The Day Off


I have fallen in love and I kind of feel silly about it. Last week was life changing and along with those overall changes came the need for a binge on much needed skincare products.

Obsessed Take The Day Off by Clinique $29
makeup removing balm
I had been eyeing the makeup removing product since I seen it on Desi Perkin's YouTube channel and in Ulta staring at me like "Buy me now!" so I did. I swiped the plastic devil and I felt slightly guilty but not guilty enough to stop the purchase mid transaction. It has been less than a week and this product has been lifting my spirits and makeup off since then. I love it. Coming in a great 3.8 ounce container with a twist off top, the packaging is definitely not on the lower end side. As with all the Clinique products that I have, I love the clean packaging along with the shelf life. Then again, idk how long it actually is because I go through this products more than I go through relationships.

Now for the part that made me feel kind of feel silly. This product I love but something about it seemed vaguely familiar as I scooped out the first portion. Smelling it and looking at it while massage it in between my fingers, I knew what it was. It was raw, fragrance free, organic like and reminded me of raw coconut oil. Take The Day Off is a balm, raw coconut oils feels like a balm and this is definitely what a styling balm for the hair reminds me off.
makeup removing balm
What I love about this product is that it isn't overly oily but greasy enough to remove the product within a few moments time. The second thing I like about this product is that it is fragrance free. However I really believe that this is raw oil. Correct me if I am wrong Clinique because it melts onto the face like coconut oil and even after you rinse the product off, your face feels soft and not oily like it was slathered with coconut oil.

Application Method
Stare in the mirror and take your last selfie of your amazing makeup
Use a small, disposable spatula to take a nickel size portion and place it the palm of your hand
Rub hands slightly together and start to massage the product onto the face keeping the eyes closed
Massage for 1-2 minutes
makeup removing balm
Rinse off product and makeup
Wash face with your normal cleansing product
no make up
Towel blot dry and apply a face moisturizer

Overall I am pretty happy with my purchase although I was tempted to return it and use my $6 bottle of raw, organic coconut oil, I will kept it. Like I always say, "Quality over quantity. Fuck it. I will try both."

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...